Welcome to Mentia
Formed in 2017, Mentia is on a mission to improve the well-being of people impacted by dementia and to make
Our ground-breaking digital program, Deva World, is a research-led engagement activity that supports commonly expressed needs like a sense of belonging, a sense of independence, and the ability to express a life well-lived – all of which get depleted by Alzheimer’s and other related dementias. We’re leaders in this emerging field, having developed a co-design methodology that has people with significant dementia working with us to ensure that our programs are dementia-friendly. When people with dementia ‘do the doing’, dementia leaves the room!
- We understand dementia and the impact of engagement in maintaining one’s sense of self
- We create thoughtful, enabling digitally-based activities that help people to express feelings and experiences
- Deva World is fun and calming, and is based on best-practice person-centered care principles
- Our rigorous development and evaluation methodology, devised during doctoral research, informs our every step
- Deva World is a multimedia experience – you can customize content to create deeper meaning
- We put people first and technology second. You don’t need computer experience to play Deva World
- You won’t find annoying pop-ups or in-app requests in Deva World
Whether you are a family member or care professional, we invite you to try Deva World. It could be the shift you are looking for in your care routine.
There is no charge for the first month and you don’t need a credit card to get started.
Here are the co-founders behind the story—